Rosé Risotto with Shrimp
This shrimp risotto is a simple dish that delivers impressive flavours.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
Wine Pairing: Girls’ Night Out Rosé VQA
Tip - Substitute spinach for arugula if desired.
- 4 cups (1 L) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup (250 mL) Arborio rice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) Girls’ Night Out Rosé VQA
- 1 lb (500 g) large peeled, deveined shrimp, tail removed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed arugula
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon zest
- Bring broth to simmer in saucepan set over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; keep at low simmer.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in high-sided skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, garlic and thyme for 3 to 5 minutes or until start to soften.
- Stir in rice, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until well coated and almost all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in wine. Cook, stirring constantly, until almost all the liquid is absorbed.
- Pour in 1 cup (250 mL) of the simmering broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until almost all of the liquid is absorbed. Continue stirring in broth, 1 cup (250 mL) at a time, until all liquid is absorbed, and rice is creamy and tender, about 18 minutes. Stir in shrimp with the last cup of broth; cook, stirring often, until shrimp are just cooked through and rice is very tender.
- Stir in Parmesan and remaining butter, adding a bit more broth or water if needed for desired consistency. Stir in arugula, parsley and lemon zest.